Hello, my friends!
Due to my immense popularity in the blogging world, I have been tagged yet again! Twice, in fact.
Firstly, by the sunny Camille @ Sun-Soaked Writing for The Mystery Blogger Award. (The fact that it’s called that is in fact a mystery to me, but perhaps that is the point. Maybe it is to be given to particularly mysterious bloggers, like myself.)
I will start with…
The Mystery Blogger Award
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog.
2. List the rules. (A great feat in it of itself, my friends. But thankfully it doesn’t say anything about FOLLOWING the rules…)
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Many thanks to the fantastic Camille!)
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (This tag was created by Okoto Enigma’s Blog.)
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. You have to nominate 10-20 people. (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA try and make me.)
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify). (Are you implying that the other four questions need to NOT be weird or funny? How ridiculous…)
9. Share a link to your best post(s). (Holy moly, another memory test…)
Okay. On to the three facts about ME:
1) I LOVE Kate DiCamillo. (Her books are stunning, okay?)
2) I was totally traumatized by Toy Story 4. (I am not even exaggerating.)
3) I geek out about movie soundtracks. (What’s not to geek out about?)
And at long lost, we come to the questions that Camille has asked:
1. Paperback, hard-cover, or digital books? Which do you prefer and why?
I prefer hardcover books because they are beautiful and substantial. They are fun to hold and look nice on the shelf. They would also be the most effective if used as a weapon. Though they can be a pain to lug around, it’s completely worth it.
2. What is your favorite weather (be specific)?
That depends on what I am doing. For walking I like sweater weather- it’s slightly chilly but not too cold and the sky is kind of white and the trees are bright with reds and yellows and there is enough wind to make the leaves swirl around on the ground but the wind isn’t constant, it comes and goes.
But when I am sitting inside I like to see snow falling, the kind that is like powder. It’s still and quiet and you can tell it’s really cold outside, but it’s nice and cosy where you are.
Summer weather just isn’t really my thing I guess.
3. What is your style of music?
Haha, I do not have a style of music, I have styles. I listen to many.
Here is an example of a typical playlist of mine: (all links go to YouTube)
A Call to Arms from the Glory soundtrack by James Horner
The Upside by Newsboys
Sirens (Reprise) from Jane Eyre
Leave Me Alone by NF
Oh! Carol by Neil Sedaka
Come Home by Jon Foreman
The Neverending Story by Limahl
Schwert und Stein from Artus Excalibur
Scream and Run Away by The Gothic Archies
Out There from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
And that doesn’t even cover all the bases, folks. I am all over the place.
4. Mint and Chocolate together, yay or nay?
If it’s mint chocolate chip ice cream, then YEA, VERILY YEA. But most of the time I am not that huge of a fan of mint. Just give me chocolate.
5. (THE WEIRD ONE) Would you rather float on a cotton candy cloud, or swim in warm melted chocolate?
Um, probably swim in melted chocolate because chocolate is much yummier than cotton candy.
My best posts (theoretically):
Holy cow, my post titles are kind of long.
Also these aren’t really my best, I just kind of picked four randomly. Because of course they are ALL the best.
Ten Things that Make Me Happy Tag
The Rules for this Tag
1. List 10 things that make you happy. (Linking to them, sharing pictures, writing poems about them, telling jokes, etc. are all encouraged but not required.)
2. Tag 10 people who make you happy (and notify them of their tag).
(Also it doesn’t say to do this, but this tag was created by the lovely Maya!)
Here are the THINGS:
1. Good Books
You know those books that make you feel more alive? Like the words are magic? The author just got to the core of what it means to be a human being and destroyed you with the most beautiful prose ever written? Those books. They make me so stinkin’ happy, guys.
2. Homemade Baked Goods
Pumpkin bread. Chocolate zucchini cake. Cookies. Cinnamon rolls. Cheese rolls. Apple muffins. Baking is so rewarding because it makes the whole house smell good and feel cosy and you get to eat yummy things. It’s also a fun thing to do when you are hanging out with people. There is no downside to this. (Except having to do the dishes afterward, but shhhh.)
3. Dramatic, Heart-wrenching Movie Soundtracks
For some reason I LIKE the feeling that my heart is breaking? I’m not really sure? But there are some painfully beautiful pieces of music out there that kind of make me want to burst into tears- and that makes me very happy indeed.
4. Sister Bonding Time
My sisters make me happy. Whether we be reading, talking, singing, or just goofing off, there is something we have that no one else quite understands- all the inside jokes and everything that makes us close. I love it.
I don’t know why. But yes. This instrument makes me quite happy.
6. Improvising Songs
Food songs, parodies, medleys, you name it. I do this with my sisters and cousins. It’s a blast.
Once, we did an entire collection of food related songs. The zucchini one and the banana peel one were the best.
7. Sweater Vests
I have never worn a sweater vest in my life, but when characters wear sweater vests it brings me unreasonable joy.
8. Finding Other Left-Handed People
Being left-handed is awesome! And when I find another left-handed person I feel a certain affinity to them.
9. Being In A Play/Musical
So much fun. You get to sing and dance with you friends and create the most bizarre inside jokes about dolphins and such. It’s glorious.
It makes me very happy. Even though sometimes it drives me crazy. I create all these characters, make them completely miserable, and then I have a break down because I have no idea how to deal with them. It’s totally worth it.
Okay, so this is where I stop following the rules. I am not going to officially tag anyone. But if you are reading this, that makes me happy, so I tag YOU.
And if you want to do the Mystery Blogger Award, here are some questions:
1. If you could only have one sense (sight/smell/hearing/touch/taste) which would it be and why?
2. Would you rather have a wild tiger or a well trained slug for a pet?
3. How many socks do you think it would take to hold two gallons of milk?
4. If you could instantaneously turn all of one substance in the world into another substance, what would the two substances be?
5. (the weird one) Would you rather have honey or condensed milk with your bread?
Feel free to answer any of these questions or tell me some things that make you happy in the comments! I would love to hear from you!